Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's a Miracle!

I finally finished a quilt!




During the past year, I've learned a lot about myself...I love to start a new project, but I'm not very good at finishing.

But today, I finished my quilt!


You know, the one on the top right corner of my header for this blog...


The one I bought fabric for a year ago last May...


Yeah...THAT one!

I love how it turned out!  I obsessed over everything from the wood print fabric to the thread that it would be quilted with, to the design that would be quilted onto it, etc., etc.


But it would still be a sad, un-quilted quilt top without my friend Cori.


She is my quilting idol.

She taught me so many things during this process, allowed me to use her awesome sewing machine for quilting, and did much of the quilting for me...I am so blessed to have her for a friend!  Thanks, Cori!


...Also, I need your help.

I'm thinking about entering a project to be a contestant on Sew Dang Cute's Crafting with the Stars, and can only show one project as an audition...


Here are my options:



What do you think?

7 comments:

Susan W. said...

How about the headboard with the new quilt on its bed, and the chair right next to the bed? And the wreath above it? YEAH! They are ALL so beautiful! I really love that quilt. It sets such a mood for the beauties of nature.

Zoe said...

I was wondering about the top stitch on the quilt. So Cory did that or did u do it on her machine? Still soooo impressive, I haven't ever finished a big quilt. I love ur entry ideas for the sew dang cute. I was thinking about the burlap pillow b/c it is so unique. Is that one an option? If not, I love the quilt!!

Karin said...

I say to use the chair. It shows your painting and material talents.

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Zoe-I have to use a project that was finished after August 1st...Cori did 75-80% of the machine quilting. She is amazing!

Casey said...

LOVE the quilt! I like Susan's idea to incorporate all the projects in a picture! :) But if you can only do one, I vote for the chair too! Seems like the hardest to do...

katie@tulsadetails said...

I love it!!! It looks amazing! The fabric is especially cute! You are beyond talented!!! I cannot even sew a button on a shirt!

Lori H said...

It turned out beautiful! I know what u mean by loving to start a new project but bad at finishing. New resolution to finish what I start & I've already embroidered 14 towels this past month! Hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...