Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October Visiting Teaching Message

"In the Book of Mormon we read about exemplary young men who were exceedingly valiant, courageous and strong.  "Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him" (Alma 53:21).  These faithful young men paid tribute to their mothers--their examples and teachers." -Julie B. Beck

October's Visiting Teaching Message teaches that even in today's tough world, we women can teach our children and youth strong moral values, and to
 walk
uprightly before God.


I know that as a mother, this is something that is in the forefront of my mind and heart--that if I can raise my children to be "valiant, courageous, and strong", and to "walk uprightly before God", then I will have succeeded.



So this month, I thought it would be fun to include with the message my favorite instruments for walking...high heels!



To make your own cute heels, you will need:
Black cardstock {don't worry--you can print on it and if you look carefully can see the template...or I also tried using this pearled black, which also worked}
Paper for the lining {I tried both regular paper and cardstock and either works fine...you can go any direction here...a fun and feminine print or something more festive for October}
Glue or doublestick tape
Scissors
Ribbon or flowers or buttons to decorate your shoe
A fun treat to put inside
Template for outside of shoe {designed by Ellen Hutson, http://www.ellenhutson.com/}
Template for inside of shoe
The Message from the Ensign
Seasonal Cider Recipe
Shoe Tag {for the inside of the shoe}



Instructions:
Print out your templates
Cut and fold templates
Secure with tape or glue
Adorn shoe
Print our the message, recipe and tag {I just used regular white printer paper for this}

Trim message, recipe and tag
Assemble



Happy Visiting Teaching!
P.S.  Thanks to my friend Julie for helping me out with these!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Loving this idea. It makes me want to do my VT right away. You always inspire me.

SkiTwo said...

Kathy! Really cute. Thanks for the idea!

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

I think these would be fun Halloween teacher gifts, too! :)

Jenelle said...

Seriously? You are killing me here! Your stuff is so cute. I love seing your ideas. I wish I lived next door so we could do them together :( nice work Kathy! Love it

Variety said...

That is the cutest shoe ever. I need to make one for myself. Okay, and for my Vteachees and maybe teachers, too.

Megan said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Momzoo said...

Those are so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...