Tuesday, February 22, 2011


February has been brutal.  In a good way.

At our house, we have 3 birthdays in February.  Birthdays are fun and exciting and special.  They come with fun surprises and gifts.  And cake. 

{This was a chocolate mint ice cream cake for Jesse's birthday}


{This was a yummy Snickers cake that Tyson and Mindy Dye made for my birthday}


{This was Bella's cookie brownie cake}

A single birthday cake from time to time is really nice. But 3 birthday cakes within two weeks of each other--plus Valentine treats and a chocolate torte for a church activity, not to mention miscelaneous goodies--


{Valentine cherry pie}




I think you get the picture.

We have had more than enough treats this month.

We are soooo ready to move on.

That's why I was so excited to pick up my very first Bountiful Basket on Saturday.
I have to admit that I was a little nervous when I went to pick up my baskets of fruits and veggies on Saturday morning, but it was pretty painless.  I had pre-ordered and pre-paid online the Monday before, so they just handed me a box and checked my name off of their list.

THIS is what I got!



There is a ton of food here!
I had to immediately wash everything because my kids pounced as soon as I walked through the door. 

I also had to clean out my fridge so everything would fit.

My meals and snacks this week will be centered more around the fruits and veggies, and it will be way easier to whip up a great salad with all of the neat stuff that came in my basket.  I know I could just go buy at the grocery store, but I don't.  And I certainly couldn't get all of this food at the grocery store for the price that I paid for the basket.

I have already ordered my basket for next week and can't wait to see what is in it.

Click here if you want more info on Bountiful Baskets.

1 comment:

John and Jenny said...

How fun to find your blog! You look amazing. I hope you had a fantastic birthday. Did you know that I have an Isabella Marie (not sure if Bella is her real name, but thought it was a fun coincidence)!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...