Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Today I find myself in the middle of 7 or 8 projects. 

As you all know, I've been going through a little organizational and decorating crisis.  This stems from my long-held manic assumption that my husband would finish grad school, find an amazing job in an exotic location and we would move into the house of my our dreams.  While holding this assumption {and nurturing it with healthy meals and lullabies} I stopped caring about my current house {why bother if we are just going to sell it, right?} and decided to put off organizing things until we moved and were happily settling into our new home. 

POP!
{that was the sound of my bubble bursting}

Sometimes things happen differently than you expect in life--not neccessarily for the worse, but long story short, we are not moving. 

And I have neglected my house. 

And now it needs me.

So today, I thought I would show you my next project.  This is another one where you might want to scroll past fast if you have any heart conditions.  This is our office.


Nice, huh.

I've decided to show you all this fine photo, because now I have to clean it.

I, Kathy, promise to whip my office into shape within one week of this post.

There.

Another project that I had written off was dressing my kitchen window. 

Here it is.



So, so sad.

I recently purchased the perfect fabric for a nice valance.  This will also be completed this week.

There are many, many more things to do in this house. 

I also have some other projects going on.  Here are a few of them:



I need to finish making my son's birthday cake,


I'm waiting for the fabric to finish this quilt to come in the mail,



and I need to finish getting these Visiting Teaching Messages ready for everyone to make at Relief Society on
Thursday night.

What've you guys been up to lately?  I would love to see your projects.  But I don't know how to let you link them up here.  Does anyone else know how?

5 comments:

nette said...

Kathy, dear, my officce makes your office look like a mild infarction. Everything you do is fabulous! I have so many things I want/need to do, and no time/energy to do them. booo!

Momzoo said...

I for one an glad your plans got changed ;-) I have a thousand projects just on the horizon, but we are waiting for some cash. :P

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Just so you know, that was the office on a good day....

Wendy said...

My office beats all of you, hands down! It is SCARY! Really, scary!

Amy C said...

I love reading your blog. You make me laugh! :) I don't think your office looks that bad. Good luck on your projects this week.
The only linky sites I know of have started charging for their services...but I haven't ever looked into them either.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...