Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ready!

Do you ever feel like this?

Overwhelmed a little with your life and your schedule and everything you need to do each day to keep things going?

Well, cue the sad violin music because that is how my last 6-12 months have felt for me.

This time last year, we were looking for a new home. Stressful, right?

After that we moved, got the kids enrolled in their new schools, worried they weren’t settling into their new schools, Thanksgiving, Christmas, job offer {a great job that I have always wanted}, job training, at home job training, actually doing the job, kids homework, feedings, bathings, etc., laundry, laundry, laundry, church stuff, eagle project, blah, blah, blah.

You get the point.

I know everyone is busy.  You all are working hard to keep things running smoothly in your own homes.  But sometimes, doesn’t it seem like a juggling act?

Now, I didn’t mean for this to get all Debbie Downer, so I will get to my point.

I have put off doing extra little things that I love long enough.  I am finally ready to make the time for the painting/home improvements/occasional craft/sewing/vt messages/blogging{!} that I used to have time to do…and loved…and that in all honesty, kept me sane.

So get ready!

I want to start off by sharing some of my favorite Parade of Homes moments this year.  I was so inspired by a few houses, and still when I see those pictures, it makes me want to get going on my house.

 IMAG1336 IMAG1335  2233

I am loving that light, the two-toned banister, and the teal upholstered headboard.  Come to think of it, anything teal is awesome right now for me.

IMAG13322235 I am also in love with navy blue right now.  And whiteboard paint.

22382239 2283 How great is that burlap board, bookshelf-lined wall and board and batton with the hooks?

These next two I really liked because of the risk involved with the project.  A turquoise kitchen?!  A super-distressed ombre dresser?!  Kind of cool.

2328 2348 I love this simple artwork, and would love to do something similar to the bookshelves/windowseat in my basement.

2351 2352

I really liked this bedroom.  Light and airy, but also fun and not age specific.  {The painted panel walls are my favorite.  And it is interesting and fun.

2622

I’m still trying to figure out why I don’t have a sliding barn door somewhere in my house.  Or two.  Or three.

2649 I really like this office space, and since I work from home, have been feeling the urge to make my office feel a little more put together.

2651

See?  So inspiring!

Come back tomorrow and see our latest project in the yard.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...