Monday, June 13, 2011

Bee Update

I just wanted to let  you all know that the bees are still alive and...well, buzzing.

{...for those of you who are wondering, yes, that IS a hospital jumper that my husband is wearing.  He first wore it in the operating room when my ten-year-old daughter was born.  Of course we HAD to save it because it would be super useful for things like covering your suit if your tire ever goes flat on your way to work...he has actually gotten a lot of use out of it, and now, it is his beekeeping/suit cover for tire changing suit...}

Last year our bees were mostly dead by now, so we already feel a little more successful than last year.


They seem to be doing everything bees are supposed to do...


gathering nectar, building honeycomb thingies, laying eggs...


...I think they are going to bee alright!

{heh, heh, sorry, I couldn't help myself!}

4 comments:

the lil' phat farm said...

WOW! Lucky Bees!!

Karen said...

That is so cool, having your own bee hive. I hope you have great success this year and lots of honey.

Julie said...

SO COOL that you guys are bee keepers!

Momma Curls said...

Hi! I just found your site thanks to sugardoodle and came across this post. We would love to raise bees, could you share how you got started and where you found info about raising bees? Also, how do they work with young children around - how far is the beehive from everything else? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...