Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Story of Two Tables...

About ten years ago, I needed a table for crafts/scrapbooking, etc.  Space was limited in our two bedroom apartment, but I needed a place to work.  I wanted the table to be tall, so that I could leave my stuff out and the kids couldn't get to it.  So, naturally, I headed to the lumber store and purchased some wood.  For some reason {that I can no longer remember} I bought enough wood to make 2 tables, and slapped them together when I got home with a few nails and screws.  The are very basic, and pretty crappily made, and they wobble sometimes, but have managed to stay in one piece.


Fast forward 10 years, I still use the tables all of the time, only not for scrapbooking and crafts, but for serving food on the deck and out by our firepit for hotdog roasts.  A few weeks ago, my deck table was serving as a yard sale display table when someone offered to buy it.  I was in the clean out/yard sale zone and promptly sold it.  As it was being loaded into their car, I was a little stunned that I had actually sold it, but decided that it was okay, because I had the other one that I could paint and use on the deck.  So that is what I did.  And since I have a thing with turquoise lately, that's the color I painted it.


Here's how it turned out:


It only took one can of spray paint, and after I painted it, I stained it with a gel stain and then, since it will be staying outside, rubbed a wood wax on it.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...