Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Changes

I had a busy weekend! 
Every now and then, I get this irrepressable urge to move the furniture around. 
It drives my change-hating husband crazy.
I love moving the furniture around.  It just gives me a brighter outlook on life.  It's also an excellent reason to clean out those corners that I don't usually clean...AND it is excellent excercise! 
Win, win, win. 
Remember when I cleaned and organized my office?  It felt great, but after a while, I realized that it was only a band-aid on a broken room.  So I decided that I needed a fresh start--something completely different...and I had just the space.
 
This area used to be our office area.  It was right after we moved into this house and it worked pretty well for a while.  This space is just opposite of the tv in the family room downstairs.  After a few years, my husband decided to go back to school and get his masters degree.  He needed a quiet place to study, so we moved everything upstairs.  I also had moved my teaching stuff and paper/scrapbook supplies upstairs, so it would be in the same area as the printer.
He graduated about a year-and-a-half ago, and it continued to be our office, but it was mainly being used for Relief Society handouts, Visiting Teaching Messages, and gift tags, etc.  And the kids would sometimes do art projects in there. 

Translation: mess.  All the time. 
Seeing as how that room is right inside the front door of our house, and how it always looked like a bomb had gone off in there, I decided to move the office back downstairs.  I also hated that I felt really disconnected to my kids when I was working upstairs and they were playing or watching tv downstairs.
Here's what I ended up with:

There's even space for the kids' projects.
...and when if it gets messy, it's not right at the front door for the world to see.
My new work table is one that my friend Julie helped me refinish.  It was free!  {Thanks Jennifer!}
There's still stuff to do, but I really like the way everything is coming together in our new office/work area.
I also love my new view:
Way better than looking at the street.

To help organize my supplies, I needed some shelving.  About 12 years ago, my husband built me a bookshelf {in our apartment in Provo}, that never really found the right spot in this house.  It had been sitting in the garage for the last 6 years--but it fit perfectly in the spot that I needed storage! 

Problem was, it was buried. 
I am embarrassed to say that our garage looked {notice that past tense, thankfully} like an especially bad episode of hoarders.  I needed that shelf, though, so that garage needed to be cleaned and organized.  It's awesome to be able to move around in there again.  We could always park the car in there, but sometimes it got a little scary getting out of the car and walking into the house. 
Now I can do a little twirl. 
With my arms out even. 
With a friend. 

Hopefully with the completion of the shed imminent, we may even be able to move even more stuff out and maybe even park my husband's car in there this winter. 
That'd be something.

I'm sad I didn't take a before photo of that one...it's probably better that way...
I wouldn't want the health department sent out here.  :)

I also finished a project that I'm really excited to share with you all.
But this has gotten really long.
So you'll have to wait 'til tommorrow.
Have a great day!

11 comments:

Sonia B said...

I love moving stuff around . . . brings new life. What did you do with the former-office room?

Karin said...

I love the feeling of getting something accomplished. Good job! I love your new little area.

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Sonia-we mostly just love staring at the empty room right now...it still has the piano in it though...it's really the only place the piano fits in the house, and we haven't decided what else to put in there yet. It's kind of a weird room. Too small for a couch, kind of awkward with just chairs...we'll figure it out eventually. :)

Amy C said...

Change can be good! I love your new space, it looks like it is so functional! And your garage looks great too. We recently cleaned out the carport and it makes me want to twirl around too, just cause I have something to park under this winter. :)

Jenny D. said...

The table looks great! I'm glad it found a good home.

Andrea said...

WOw. I love moving stuff too. It makes such a difference. I am so impressed.

ninest123 said...

ninest123 16.01
michael kors outlet online, michael kors handbags, prada outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, nike outlet, louboutin uk, uggs outlet, ray ban sunglasses, uggs on sale, replica watches, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet online, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, ralph lauren polo, michael kors, burberry outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, burberry factory outlet, longchamp bags, tiffany jewelry, uggs outlet, ralph lauren outlet, gucci handbags, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, tiffany jewelry, cheap jordans, nike air max, tory burch outlet

ninest123 said...

michael kors uk, nike trainers uk, longchamp soldes, north face uk, abercrombie and fitch, jordan pas cher, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, longchamp pas cher, nike tn pas cher, vanessa bruno pas cher, polo ralph lauren uk, nike air max pas cher, coach outlet store online, timberland pas cher, nike air max uk, abercrombie and fitch UK, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, lunette ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet online, michael kors, ray ban uk, mulberry uk, burberry pas cher, hollister uk, nike roshe uk, nike roshe run pas cher, sac guess pas cher, true religion jeans, nike free, lunette oakley pas cher, michael kors, hogan sito ufficiale, replica handbags, north face pas cher, lululemon outlet, nike air force, nike air max uk, vans pas cher, new balance, nike free pas cher, converse, true religion outlet, coach purses, polo lacoste pas cher, hermes pas cher, nike blazer pas cher

ninest123 said...

insanity workout, beats by dre, vans scarpe, instyler ionic styler, chi flat iron, iphone 6 cases, iphone 6 plus cases, iphone 6s plus cases, timberland boots, north face outlet, lululemon outlet, louboutin, polo ralph lauren, iphone cases, ghd hair, nike air max, reebok outlet, s6 cases, soccer jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, hollister, oakley, mac cosmetics, nfl jerseys, nike roshe run, wedding dresses, abercrombie and fitch, soccer shoes, vans outlet, nike air max, hermes handbags, p90x workout, hollister clothing, gucci, asics running shoes, celine handbags, iphone 5s cases, new balance shoes, softball bats, iphone 6s cases, herve leger, babyliss pro, north face outlet, salvatore ferragamo, ray ban, mont blanc, mcm handbags, ipad cases, bottega veneta, converse, giuseppe zanotti, valentino shoes

ninest123 said...

moncler outlet, wedding dresses uk, canada goose jackets, moncler uk, canada goose uk, pandora jewelry, canada goose pas cher, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton uk, links of london uk, swarovski jewelry, toms shoes, bottes ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, lancel, juicy couture outlet, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, converse shoes outlet, sac louis vuitton, moncler pas cher, pandora charms, moncler jackets, coach outlet, canada goose jackets, canada goose, canada goose, moncler, karen millen uk, louis vuitton, moncler, barbour jackets uk, moncler, supra shoes, barbour, ugg uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, montre pas cher, hollister, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, replica watches, swarovski uk, sac louis vuitton, louis vuitton, thomas sabo uk, marc jacobs, moncler, doke & gabbana
ninest123 16.01

柯云 said...

2016-06-04keyun
longchamp outlet
replica rolex watches
louis vuitton outlet
red bottom shoes
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet store online clearances
reb christian louboutin
jordan 11
cheap ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
lebron 11
ray bans
coach factory outlet online
coach outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
kate spade
nfl jerseys
coach outlet
discount jordans
kate spade outlet
coach outlet clearance
ray bans
michael kors handbags
celine outlet
coach outlet store online
ralph lauren outlet
air max 95
giuseppe zanotti outlet
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
supra shoes
michael kors outlet online
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet
coach outlet clearance
air jordan homme
coach outlet online
louis vuitton purses
cheap jordans

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...